Monday 19 March 2018

WE HAVE GROUPIES!

Accrington Town Hall

Saturday evening Gay and I arrived home from a week's walking holiday in Fort William, Scotland. No snow up there, except on the mountain tops.
Barely time to sleep and get ourselves ready, then Sunday morning we were out walking all day with our Rambling Club. My failing eyesight led me to a damaged ankle. I carried on walking but the ankle was like a balloon when we arrived home.
No time to get that seen to this morning because we were due in Accrington at 9 am to Talk The Walk to Accrington Probus Club, at Accrington Town Hall. In other words, I was due to limp about, talking about having done a 9,000-mile walking project. Would you believe me?
That went very well, as usual, we met some excellent people, raised another £111 for the vital work of Pancreatic Cancer UK, and moved on to 105% of my fundraising target, with more than 2 years to go. I have talks booked well into next year, so things are looking good.
At the Probus club, one of the audience approached me and said that this was the third time he had seen me perform and another said it was the second time. We now have to consider producing t-shirts for these groupies 
Onwards and upwards. Next week we have two talks in one day. One of these will have us home late in the evening and the next day we start out early on the four-day Lancashire Coastal Walk (if the ankle injury permits).
Contact me if you would like me to speak to your club or group.
By the way, all parking seems to be free in Accrington, including the multi-storey at the Arndale Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment