Tuesday 15 May 2018

DRAMA IN THE COURTHOUSE - VERDICT OVERTURNED



Yesterday evening we drove down to Worsley Court House to Talk The Walk to a ladies' club.

As usual, the talk went down very well and we met some splendid people, who gave us a great welcome.

As is frequently the case, before I was due to speak, they had a meeting about their own business. It was clear that they had £300 swishing about, which had been destined for a charity which had somehow or other disappeared. They had a vote about which other charity to send this money to and decided on a specific one.

When I had finished my talk, they had another huddle and overturned the previous decision and instead gave the money to me, for Pancreatic Cancer UK.

The speaker fee and some individual donations meant that we came away from the meeting with a good £375 for PCUK's vital work in funding research to try to find a cure and a better way of diagnosing this dreadful illness.

This second phase of my fundraising now stands at more than 118% of the target I set, and I am still more than two years early.

Next gig, Clitheroe U3A, in early June. Open to the public.

The photo of Worsley Court House is by Barrie Priice - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=30680194

No comments:

Post a Comment