Tuesday 25 November 2014

Epic Hairstyles, Positive Outlooks And Thinking Of Others


This is Jonathan Taylor. It is not his normal appearance. This hairstyle is a creative use of the of the hair loss following chemotherapy, You can see what he normally looks like if you click HERE for an inspiring story about him in the Northern Echo.

Jonathan has Lymphoma, a cancer from which he is currently in metabolic remission, which means it is dormant but will probably come back and take his life.

Jonathan's answer to this has been not to wallow in self-pity but to write a book, the first of a series, and to form a support group for fellow lymphoma sufferers in the North East, where no such organisation existed before.

The chemotherapy has left him with severe nerve damage and ended his career as a builder. Jonathan is now a writer and clearly does not let any grass appear beneath his feet.

He has been kind enough to ask me to speak to his lymphoma support group at James Cook Hospital in Middlesborough. I am happy to do so.

Why would I speak to lymphoma sufferers about my big walk for pancreatic cancer support? Well, I think one of the messages from my epic walk is that huge tasks are not beyond us if we put our minds to them. Another is that, whatever your dreadful situation, there are other people out there who care and who are trying to help.

As it happens, in my immediate family there has not only been pancreatic cancer but there has been lymphoma, brain cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. There have been fatalities but there have also been miraculous recoveries.

There is always hope.

And there are always others to think of.

If you have suggestions for other venues, if you want a signed copy of one of my books in return for a donation, or for any other reason, email me on:

victalksthewalk@gmail.com

Follow me on Twitter:

@VicTalksTheWalk



1 comment:

  1. Hi Vic,
    Jonathan Taylor here, WOW, thank you my friend. You are a star in the galaxy of kindness. I can't wait to meet you. You are a true inspiration and I think what you are doing is great, your charities are very lucky. A credit to the human race. I'll help you out in anyway I possibly can my friend.
    I thank you for your kind words.
    Best Regards
    Jonathan Taylor

    ReplyDelete