Tuesday 16 December 2014

Keep It In The Family


In search of groups of people to pitch my talk to, I called in yesterday at a residential care hotel here in Lytham.

The manager was very interested but pointed out that so many of her residents suffer from dementia that it would be impossible to hold their attention for the duration of the 40-minute talk.

"But if you can sing," she said, "that is a different matter. They love to have a singalong.

Well, I don't sing, but my brother Christopher (not him in the photograph) is a professional singer and entertainer, performing as Chris White. So, nothing lost that is kept in the family, I put him in touch with the manageress and I hope he will be entertaining them soon.

If you have suggestions for talk venues, if you want a signed copy of one of my books in return for a donation, or for any other reason, email me on:

victalksthewalk@gmail.com


Don't be shy. No venue is too small or too large. We have a disease to beat here.
Follow me on Twitter:
@VicTalksTheWalk


No comments:

Post a Comment