Saturday 6 December 2014

Progress



I have had a busy week. No more fundraising gigs to report, but several under discussion and several new contacts made. One thing I have found is that some organisations have speakers booked all the way through 2015. Not to worry, mine is a long-term project. I hope so anyway, as the culmination date is my 80th birthday and I am not ready for that yet.

One Wednesday evening Gay and I found ourselves staying overnight at the Holiday Inn in Ellesmere Port, so that we could attend a small gathering at the Jabula South African Restaurant, which is virtually next door, and also next door to the Inland Waterways Museum. All this is on the Manchester Ship Canal, which I sailed down in 1957, when it was still thriving.

Unfortunately the Museum was closed during the hours we were there, but the restaurant was open and was most excellent. Not our first experience of South African food as we have been twice to visit Gay's brother Tim in Cape Town. The food was at least as good as anything we have experienced in South Africa and were were assured by South Africans present that it was very authentic.

Click HERE for a link to the Jabula Website.

Not a totally wasted week. I sold a couple of books and had a couple of donations. So progress is being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment