Wednesday 8 June 2016

FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA

Starting Off From St Bee's

Ennerdale. My Mother's Homeland. Heard About It All My Life, First Time I have Seen It

Gay With The Lovely Horses




We have just completed Day 7 of 14 on Wainwright's Coast to Coast Walk.
The first few days were very hard. I had come straight off a viral chest infection with no time for recovery. It was very hot and humid. The underfoot was all broken stone of various sizes and my eyes, which now excel in vertical distortion, could not cope, sending the wrong messages to my brain. For the first time in my life I wondered if I could finish something I had started.
Fortunately the footing has now improved, with much more grass. The weather cooled slightly today and looks as if it will be turning quite wet for the rest of the walk, which will make it all quite unpleasant in other ways.
If you would like to support me in this endeavour, please make a donation to Pancreatic Cancer UK through my Just Giving page:


1 comment:

  1. Well done you two.
    We're both proud of you.

    ReplyDelete