Saturday 9 July 2016

WHY DID I WALK SEVENTEEN AND A HALF MILLION STEPS IN ONE CHALLENGE?

Gay and I with part of the display at St Anne's Library


One way to find out the answer is to come along to St Anne's Library at 7 pm on 29th July.
Although this is a talk about me undertaking a massive project to raise funds and awareness for Pancreatic Cancer UK, it is not a talk about cancer. I will tell you why, to celebrate my 70th birthday, I trained for two years, then walked, mainly alone, for 70 days from the Pyrenees to the Pennines. And things seen, people met, and non too deep thoughts along the way.
I have, of course, delivered this illustrated talk to many organisations and clubs now, along with one or two libraries. It has been well received. This is a rare chance to see an event open to the public, and I would like to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment