Saturday 14 February 2015

Second Gig Of The Week, Passed 10% of My Fundraising Target Already

Jonathan Introduces Me To His Group

Where Shall I Start?

Getting Into My Stride, So To Speak


It's All In The Book, Folks!
The second gig this week was at the Holistic Centre for Cancer Patients at James Cook Hospital in Middlesborough. 

Jonathan Taylor had invited me to speak. Jonathan is currently in remission from a particularly severe type of lymphoma. This has stopped him working as a builder but he has not been idle. He has formed a support group for lymphoma sufferers in the area and it was this group to which I was speaking. I was very impressed by the positive outlook and refusal to be sidelined which they all exhibited. 

I got a real feeling that they all enjoyed my talk, and Jonathan sent me this message after the meeting -
 "Just catching up with things today. Can I say a massive thank you to you and Gay for your fantastic talk last night, I've had some great feedback today from the people there say how good it was and what an inspiration you are to everyone, which you are. I really enjoyed it thank you, and I'm looking forward to reading your books ;-)
It was great to meet you in person finally, please stay in-touch and next time your in Darlington we'll meet up for coffee or lunch my friend."

As I mentioned, Jonathan's illness has stopped him working, but he has taken the opportunity to fulfil one of his ambitions by writing a science fiction book - The Forgotten Mission - The Return (1) -  which is doing very well.  You can find the Kindle or paperback  versions here on Amazon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment