Sunday 1 February 2015

Success In First Two UK Fundraising Gigs


Just had a great first weekend of UK gigs to raise funds for Pancreatic Cancer UK.

First a 4-hour book signing at the Lytham Methodist Church table-top sale. That was Saturday morning. The same evening, a talk, followed by book signing, at JPs cafe in Lytham.

Total raised was over £200. With promised online donations, that could rise to £300. With a donation of €100 earlier in the week, we could be talking £400 for the week. Not a bad haul and, as I frequently tell people, their contribution could be the final push which funds the long-awaited breakthrough for a pancreatic cancer cure.

Also, I now have another gig booked, in April, at the same JPs cafe.

I also received approaches about presenting my talk to 3 more organisations.

I am indebted to Peter Labrow of Labrow Marketing for finding time in his busy schedule to design the above logo for me. You can find Peter here:

labrow.com

I know you have suggestions for talk or signing venues. No matter how crazy, let me know. I will talk to anybody. Or, if you want a signed copy of one of my books in return for a donation, or to contact me for any other reason, email me on:

victalksthewalk@gmail.com


Don't be shy. No venue is too small or too large. We have a disease to beat here.


If all other ideas fail you, why, you could just go to the "Donate" button on this page and send your money to the cause.

Follow me on Twitter:
@VicTalksTheWalk

Or on Facebook:
Vic Talks The Walk for Pancreatic Cancer UK


No comments:

Post a Comment